Delicious Beef Korean BBQ Restaurant in PyeongChang - Check Out Daegwallyeong Hanu Town Restaurant!

Say you're heading east of Korea going skiing or exploring near PyeongChang and you're looking for a recommended restaurant for dinner. Don't miss this Korean BBQ place in the Daegwallyeong area! Our guide said that in Gangwon, the Daegwallyeong Skyranch and the Hoengseong County are famous for prime beef. This particular restaurant grows their own cattle =) If Japan has wagyu, then Korea has hanwoo or han-u!

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

Here's a Korean map if ever you have a friend or guide coming along! Business card and how to go at the bottom of this post.

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg


When we dined there, it was full of locals! I believe that not a lot of foreign tourists know about this place yet (they don't speak English) like PyeongChang =) Can accommodate a lot of people too!

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

  daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

You can order other a la carte items or like us, order the 32k won per person beef portions! 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

A bonus experience - grilling cheese and makgeolli!

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

Banchan, guys?! I feel so healthy whenever I'm in Korea, even if I eat juicy marbled beef! Our guide let me try perilla once again but it's just not for me haha. The pink radish kimchi though, I finished like several plates with my barbeque!

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

The meat was very tender and marbled like wagyu in Japan... You can also shop for meat cuts just next door in their store! Here's a Korean guide on the cuts.

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

By the end of the night, I ate all of it and I believe I liked the one on the right above (near the ribs if I'm not mistaken) most than the back part ;) I went to find it at the store and this one below looked like it haha.

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

I don't know what Olympians are allowed to eat but this is surely a fresh and filling source of protein! Everyone, including spectators and champions, should definitely eat here! I learned a new Korean phrase after this night - Peh tochikatayo! My stomach is about to explode. Hahaha. I would go for the mul naengmyon cold noodles also after if I wasn't so full..

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg

This Gangwon tour was made possible by the Korea Tourism Organization. Check out my posts below for more things to do in PyeongChang and Gangneung!

Restaurant Details:
Daegwallyeong Hanu Town or Hanwootown Restaurant Ilsongjung
Website
393, Taegi-ro, Bongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun,
Gangwon-do, Korea
858-88-00412

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg 

daegwallyeong-hanu-town-beef.jpg